Leadership and Outreach Experience
President, Polytechnique-Berkeley Alumni Association, Berkeley, CA, 2013 - 2014
- Co-founded the Polytechnique-Berkeley Alumni Association (50+ members), whose goal is to gather Alumni from Ecole Polytechnique, France, currently living in the San Francisco Bay Area, for social and professional events.
- Organized 4 panel discussions on career development and 2 social events with 30+ attendees. One event was featured on French Tech Hub's blog.
- Core skills: team management (4 members), professional networking.
Organizer, Debate on French Energy Transition, San Francisco, CA, Jun 2013
- Co-organized a debate with 40 members of the San Francisco Bay Area French community. Event included 2 panel discussions and was hosted by the French Consul General in San Francisco.
- Co-authored a report addressed to the French Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy, included in the discussions on the French 2014 energy bill (accessible here, in French).
- Core skills: spirit of initiative, capacity for synthesis.
Finalist, Singapore Challenge at the Global Young Scientists Summit, Singapore, Jan 2013
- Co-authored a white paper on Advanced Nuclear Power Co-Generation for Carbon-Emission-Free, Energy Independent Global Cities and pitched original idea in a selected video.
- Traveled to Singapore to present project to a jury of Nobel Laureates, CEOs of international companies and university leaders.
- Core skills: effective communication, science outreach.
Nuclear Engineering Department Liaison, Berkeley Energy and Resources Collaborative (BERC), Berkeley, CA, 2012
- Fostered participation of nuclear engineering students in cross-campus energy-related activities by organizing workshops, field trips and social events.
- Co-authored and presented an award-winning poster on the Roadmap for the Development of Fluoride-Salt-Cooled, High-Temperature Reactors at BERC’s annual Symposium.
- Core skills: pluridisciplinarity, visual communication.
Summer Intern, Origami Kaikan (Family-Owned Origami Shop), Tokyo, Japan, Aug 2009
- One-month experience dyeing and selling origami paper.
- Assisted shop managers for accounting, giving origami lessons in Japanese and organizing the shop.
- Core skills: adaptability to foreign culture, diligence in accomplishing required tasks.
Quartermaster on a Patrol-Ship, Marine Nationale (French Navy), Tahiti, French Polynesia, 2007 - 2008
- Supported planning and execution of three four-week-long patrol missions, including navigation and communication with officials on several visited islands.
- Tutored math for crewmen preparing for internal exams, leading to 100% success rate.
- Core skills: human relationships, adaptability to evolving hierarchy.